In our last five articles we have been trying to introduce you to the world of photography by preparing the essential information regarding the equipment and how to use it.
We are hoping that some of the info has sunk in and you are feeling comfortable with using it in practice. We therefore have some great news for you – your newly acquired skills can now win you a reward!
In this issue we are providing you with a short quiz which is based on the previous five articles (all of them available on www.europejczyk.co.uk website and Photomind Facebook page).
If you don’t remember some details you can always get back to the previous issues and refresh your mind. Apart of the quiz there is also a practical part.
All we want is a photograph taken by you and the subject is: Hobbies for Autumn. If you are competitive then this is very tempting but with experience we know that temptation can always be motivated even more by a little incentive and we are pleased to say that we have something for you to desire.
The reward in our quiz and photo competition is a personalized canvas of the winning photo!!!
It doesn’t matter what it is – any hobby of yours whether it is knitting or climbing, if it is looking after your pet or cooking, snorkeling or playing on your Xbox, motocross or growing plants etc. The sky is the limit! :D
The results will be revealed on the 10th of December so you should get your reward in time for Christmas! :D We therefore wish you the best of luck and are waiting impatiently for all your submissions !
Don’t forget to let us know what you think about the material included in our articles and any suggestions you have. We will appreciate any feedback.
In the next article you will be able to find out about:
• The relationship of the aperture, ISO and shutter speed
• Camera shooting modes explained
• Underwater gadgets
Please don’t forget you can find us on Facebook where you can share your pictures and knowledge with us.
1. Subjects already covered in our articles:
a. History of photography
b. Cameras and lenses
c. Types of lighting
2. Which colour of the camera body is the best?
3. What does the acronym “P&S” stands for?
a. Portrait & Smile
b. Pricey & Smart
c. Point & Shoot
4. What in the camera decides on the quality of the picture?
a. Sensor size
b. The length of the lens
c. Build in flash
5. What characterizes a bridge camera?
a. It has a “bridge” symbol on its body
b. It has manual settings option but the lens is fixed
c. It has manual settings and interchangeable lenses
6. In an SLR camera while pressing the button the mirror..
a. Is being squeezed
7. What kind of lens is the 50mm F1.8 lens?
8. What is “focal length”:
a. The length of the lens
b. The length of the camera body
c. The length between a lens and the focus point
9. What type of camera is the one in the middle?
b. Digital Back
10. To achieve the blur in the background effect which aperture is best?
11. What’s the best shutter speed if you are photographing sport/action in a sunny weather?
a. 1/25 sec
b. 1/1600 sec
c. 1/1/80 sec
12. The best lens for portraits:
13. Which one of the subject has not been covered in our articles yet?
a. Food photography
b. The wet process
14. What is the main disadvantage of the lenses in Canons “L” series?
a. Build quality
15. What does IS stand for?
a. Image saturation
b. Image Stabilization
c. Information on Saturation
16. What subjects are mentioned on Photomind Facebook page:
a. Cooking recipe’s
b. Beauty advice
c. Fabulous information on everything connected with photography!!!!